Saturday 18 August 2012

Nail Tutorial: Galaxy Design!


So, last night I painted my nails. I wanted to do something I had seen and re-pinned on pinterest. I absolutely love the look I created and hope you will try it too if you like it!



 Products used:
(C = Colour, G = Glitter)

Base Coat - OPI 'Matte Nail Envy' - £7.50 from Amazon
Colour #1 - BCBG 'Reflection'
Glitter #1 - Models Own 'Disco Mix' - £5.00 from Models Own
Colour #2 - OPI 'Skull & Glossbones' - £11.00 from Look Fantastic
Colour #3 - BCBG 'Limelight'
Colour #4 - Barry M 'Turquoise' - £2.99 from Superdrug
Colour #5 - No7 'Lucky Lilac' - £7.00 from Boots
Glitter #2 - Models Own 'Ibiza Mix' - £5.00 from Models Own
Top Coat - Orly 'Won't Chip' - £6.84 from Amazon


Here's how:

1. Apply a base coat to protect your natural nails.

2. Paint an opaque coat of a dark blue/navy polish. This will be the base colour of your galaxy!

3. Next, paint one coat of a purple or blue glitter polish with small flecks.

4. Next, sponge on white (or light grey) polish to create the focal point for your manicure. I chose to do light grey polish because I thought white would be too intense. However, looking at it now, I think I should have done white...

5. Next, to give the white (grey) more depth, sponge on light green, blue and purple polish.

6. After this, sponge on black polish to create the look of deep space.

7. Next, paint on a layer of glitter. I chose a multicoloured glitter but you can use whichever you prefer, just make sure the flecks are fairly large.

8. Finally, add a topcoat to seal in your design, help it last and give it some shine!



Hope you enjoyed this and please send me photos on twitter or by email if you recreate this design, I'd love to see them!!


Thanks for reading.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...