Wednesday 10 October 2012

Guest Post: Winter Makeup Essentials

Hey guys, today I have a guest post for you from the lovely Emily, from One Way Beauty. I personally have the Rimmel blush and the Maybelline eyeliner and would definitely recommend them! Enjoy reading!!!



Hi Passion For Makeup readers, I'm Emily from One Way Beauty and today I am going to be sharing my winter make up essentials with you all. I tend to find myself reaching for different products in the summer and winter, and now that we're entering the colder months my winter products have come out in full swing.

MAC Pro Longwear SPF 10 Foundation in NC15 - £24.00 from MAC
17 Instant Glow in Medium Bronze - £4.59 from Boots
Rimmel London Powder Blush in 001 Santa Rose - £3.99 from Boots

In the summer, you'll rarely see me wearing a foundation with medium to high coverage, however in the winter I prefer to cover my face a little more and make the most of foundation staying on my face rather than melting and slipping off. MAC Pro Longwear is my foundation of choice for a medium yet buildable coverage because it stays all day, hence the name, and keeps oil at bay.
If your summer glow faded as fast as mine then a bronzer is your best friend this winter! I envy those who have a tan all year round although unfortunately by September my glow has virtually disappeared and my skin is often left looking dull. I love the 17 Instant Glow bronzer for adding some colour to your face. It is matte so great for contouring too.
My third and final essential for the face this winter in the Rimmel London powder blush in 001 Santa Rose. Rosy cheeks are set to be very on trend this winter, and this Rimmel blush is perfect for creating that 'pinched' look. The small amount of shimmer will also perk your skin up on those dull winter days!

Urban Decay Lipstick in Wanted - £13.00 from Debenhams
Clarins Gloss Prodige in 04 Candy - £15.50 from Clarins

Berry/dark lips are set to be everywhere this autumn/winter. I love Urban Decay's lipstick in Wanted because it is so moisturising and gives the 'just bitten' look without making you look overdone because it is slightly sheer, so it's perfect for the daytime. Clarins Gloss Prodige in 04 Candy is a personal favourite of mine when I want a gloss rather than a lipstick. I love the subtle gold shimmer within the gloss, although this will not be for everyone.  You can see a swatch of Wanted here and a swatch of Candy here.

Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in 01 Black - £7.99 from Boots
Figs & Rouge Balm in Pomegranate - £4.99 from Boots

I have one more winter trend to mention, and that is eyeliner. Eyeliner has always been popular, but this season it's taken a new turn with all sorts of creative looks such as dots, cut out liner and other crazy designs! My favourite eyeliner is Maybelline's Lasting Drama gel eyeliner. This eyeliner is so soft and creamy. It comes with a brush too which is surprisingly a nice brush! 
My last product is not technically makeup however it is an essential for me and I just had to include it! This product is a Figs & Rouge balm in Pomegranate. Indoor heating and cold weather contribute to sore, dry lips in the winter and I usually hear most people I know complaining about dry lips when it's really cold! I am no different and my lips always become sore. However, this Figs & Rouge balm quickly sorts out any dryness whilst tasting and smelling delicious at the same time! This balm is a multi purpose product, and can also be used on the face, hands or body, saving precious handbag space!

I hope you enjoyed reading about my winter makeup essentials! Thank you so much to Hattie for letting me guest post on her blog. Don't forget you can check out my blog here.



You're very welcome Emily, thank you for taking the time to write a post! I hope all of you enjoyed this post - I sure did :)

Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with you about the blush - it's a lovely colour! I love the products you've chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such great picks! lovely post :)

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. i'm launching a new giveaway to win 30 beauty products tomorrow inc. essie etc. make sure you stop by! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...