Tuesday 31 July 2012

Shooting for Silver - Olympic Special

So, this is the second instalment of my Olympic Special posts. This post is inspired by the Silver medal and will feature all things shining, sparkling and more importantly SILVER!!

Beauty:

Maybelline Colour Tattoo 'Eternal Silver' - £4.99 from Superdrug
I have one of the Colour Tattoos in 'Bad to the Bronze' and I really like it. 'Eternal Silver' would be the perfect base/primer for the MUA shadow below!

Make Up Academy Pearl Eyeshadow 'Shade 3' - £1.00 from Superdrug
I have two of these eyeshadows in 'Shade 6' and 'Shade 8'. The pigmentation is crazy good and they have a really buttery texture. They are also really good value for money at only £1 each!! I will be posting swatches and a review of the Immaculate Collection Palette tomorrow so keep a look out!

Mavala 'Sparkling Silver 5ml' - £3.50 from Beauty Bay
This polish looks super sparkly and shiny hence the name 'Sparkling Silver.' I also like that it is a small bottle because I have way too much nail polish and a small bottle might actually be used up!

Yves Saint Laurent Volupte Sheer Candy Lipstick '04' - £23.50 from House of Fraser
I have this lipstick and it is the perfect colour for Summer. It is (as the name suggests) a sheer balm-like lipstick but I like that occasionally. The packaging is so sleek and luxurious but the price tag is not quite so desirable.


Fashion & Accessories:

Lipsy Cutwork Dress - £29.00 from ASOS
This dress would be great for a night out. The shiny silver cutout detail looks almost tribal which is very on trend. I really like the overall look of this dress.


Mirror Ballerina Pumps - £19.99 from Zara
These shoes look very shiny! I think they might look good with skinny jeans or a dress of any colour really - apart from silver and maybe gold. They are good for tying an outfit together especially if you find it difficult to walk in heels like I do.

Jewelled Party Box Bag - £49.99 from Zara
This clutch is the perfect way to add some sparkle to an outfit. Perfect to carry your phone, cash, cards and any necessary makeup for an evening out. Isn't it so pretty and shiny!!

Marc by Marc Jacobs Bracelet Watch - £179 from Asos
This watch is really simple and would go perfectly with any outfit. I also love the rhinestones on the 'Marc'. They add some bling to this understated watch. Again, I would prefer it in rose gold but silver is so classic and I think everyone should own a silver and gold watch some day!

Hope you enjoyed this post and are looking forward to the post dedicated to bronze!

Thanks for reading. xoxo
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...